Documentation & guidelines
This section provides practical information to support online teaching (lessons and exams) for teachers and students.
Getting Started: Teachers
- Read in advance the Teachers & Students Guides
- Connect to the Teaching Portal with PCs or mobile devices Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, IOS (browser compatible with HTML5) equipped with webcam, audio peripherals and microphone
- Enter the course page and then select Virtual Classroom
- When the virtual classroom is created, all members are automatically invited: there is no need to invite students individually
- In the event of a lesson, do not enable all students' webcams and microphones at the same time.
To facilitate start-up, free access workstations have been equipped (for teachers only):
- at the Departments - contact the department representatives
- at the Laib - contact Laib1 at Corso Duca degli Abruzzi or Laib1 at Castello del Valentino.
For info or technical support: phone. 5050 (011 0905050), email firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting Started: Students
- Read in advance the Online lessons and exams - Student’s technical guide
- Connect to the Internet with PCs or mobile devices Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, IOS (HTML5 compatible browser) equipped with webcam, audio peripherals and microphone
- Wait for the email notification of the start of the lesson / event by the teacher accessing mail.studenti.polito.it (or the Polito APP) then connect to the link indicated in the message, or log in directly to the Teaching Portal.
The Teachers & Students Guides relate to the official methods and tools supported by the Politecnico di Torino.
- Lezioni in remoto - Linee guida per i docenti is a guide to help with the lessons
- Online lessons and exams - Teacher’s technical guide describes the Virtual Classroom tool, available on the Teaching Portal to deliver lessons remotely.
- Online lessons and exams - Student’s technical guide describes the Virtual Classroom tool, available in the Teaching Portal to follow lessons remotely.
Other documents (optional tools and tips) are related to suggestions and useful solutions to solve technical problems in specific situations.